Certification Of Compliance
Plumbing Certificates of Compliance are issued by licensed plumbers to certify that their plumbing work complies with all regulatory installations requirements.
A plumbing certificate of compliance will be issued for most plumbing work, including:
- Where the total value of work, including materials, labour and VAT, is more than R1500.00 (material costs must be included, regardless of whether the materials were supplied by another person)
- The installation, relocation or replacement of any Electric Water Heating System, regardless of the cost
- For every separate installation on a site.
- The construction, installation or alteration of any above or below ground sanitary drain; regardless of the cost
- The installation, relocation or replacement of any Hot Water Solar Water Heating System
- The installation, relocation or replacement of any Heat Pump Water Heating System
- A Plumbing certificate of compliance shall be issued to the relevant owner with five working days of the completion of the said plumbing works. Only a licensed plumber may purchase and issue compliance certificates.
“It is illegal for any person who works on plumbing installation if he/she is not a qualified plumber or not working under the adequate supervision of a qualified plumber. Registered persons under the category of qualified plumbers are qualified plumbers and may carry out plumbing works and may supervise non-qualified plumbers or plumbing learners, however they will not be allowed to purchase or issue."